Sunday, March 13, 2011

Dragon Age II

So I had taken some time to finally play Dragon Age 2. What can I say about it.... Its damn awesome but has its flaws. I enjoy the graphics and the cuts scenes so far, especially after killing mobs and being covered in blood. I have to give credit to the quick switching and setting of the battle system. Being able to set an NPC to attack or be a defend is nice so you don't have a Mage constant charging into battle to tank. It's also great to have the tank being able to defend other NPCs besides sitting there swinging a sword. Also if you haven't seen or heard about the facebook game Dragon Age legends it allows you to earn in game items for a simple version online (which are alright as far as rewards go). The graphics are great and the cut scenes allow the options of responses. I am not sure if the responses actually change the game but I defiantly feel like. Another great thing is the talents systems, which allow you to specialize in new different types. For mages can be healers or even specialize in fire / ice. I still have a bit to go so not sure if you will be able to complete all the specialization skills but either way makes it unique.

Now the bad. The combat system is great except for the AI of the party members. It can get annoying if you have a Mage to set to heal it doesn't exactly keep up with the task. I understand it has a cool down but I have come across many times switching to Mage and seeing it being able to be used when my character is almost dead to find it ready to use. Another issue that bothers me is all the junk items you find that you cannot sell or do anything with besides take up space. I will be honest I haven't gotten into the crafts like potions and stuff so I could be missing out. One huge issue I have is the quest system. When you accept a quest and are in zone, it has no way of showing which you are headed towards. Now it does show you before zoning but once in there, especially if more than one quest is in the zone, it can be annoying.
I love the game and will recommend it to anyone even if you haven't played the first one. If you have doubts about the game and enjoy other RPG give this one a shot and sit back because it's a great ride.

11 comments:

  1. I heard that the graphics for this game were incredible. I need to get me a copy, but I gotta wait until i get my money from work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can sell all your junk!
    At the mercenary theres an option to "sell all junk" lol.

    And I feel it's a bit rushed, other than that it's an awesome game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard that its a great and addictive game.

    As for AI, I have never saw a game with a good AI for group members if its not a turn based game where you can use "if this then this" hiararchy tasts for AI.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have issue with the armor thing, I didn't realize people were complaining about how you couldn't tell who was who in their armor...thats a little stupid to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. never got into this one yet, I'm still on new vegas, lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think theres so much hype right now about this game

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lost many hours playing Dragon Age one. I'll bite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man I just bought it off Amazon, the waits killing me..anyways good blog bro keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i never played the original, do u think i shud befoer i pick up the new one?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm gonna do a review of this game as well :] relaly funny how they talk with blood on their faces after a battle and seem all normal xD

    ReplyDelete