Wednesday, March 2, 2011

First day


Like most I am skeptical of a pill that is supposed to "melt fat away" but I have had friends who have tried other products like Jack3d and loved it . So I figured I'd attempt to give myself a boost in helping me reach my goal of 180lbs by June. But before I go into my rolling review of this product here is a little information about myself.
                 I am a 20 year old male and current weight is 211lbs with a starting weight of 234lbs as of Dec 31st 2010. I just recently joined Anytime fitness and although I don't love working out this gym has made it much easier. I can go anytime and its usually not busy at all. I have been attempting to go twice a day, one in the AM and once in the PM. I have been averaging 30 minutes on the elliptical machine burning anywhere between 250-300 calories. I also spend about 15 minutes on a stationary bike pushing between 100-120 calories. After these work outs I am drained and usually exhausted but I keep pushing through them so that I can reach my goal. I should note that I lost 20lbs with minimal exercise, 3 times a week on a treadmill burning about 300 calories. I made major changes to the portion sizes I was eating, cutting out virtually all snacks.  I tried to stay at about 1700 calories to 2000 calories but like most people I had my bad days of eating more but enough of the intro on to the review.

I was initially skeptical of this product but after reading reviews online I figured it was worth a shot so I went down to my local Rite Aid with a GNC inside and found a bottle of 90 pills on sale for 39.99, no sales tax here (yes I could have gotten it a little cheaper online but I was rather impatient and didn't want to wait for shipping) . I also purchased a multi vitamin as I should have been taking them a long time ago but just never got around to get a bottle. I reach home and immediately open the pill bottle to see these purple pills and think "Huh reminds me of the Nexium commercials". But I read the directions and followed them (taking the first pill on am empty stomach before breakfast).  Within 15 minutes I started to feel very nausea but reading online I saw that I needed to drink more water and after 15 minutes or so of drinking 32oz of water I did start to feel better but I was starving. So I ate some cereal and skim milk feeling full afterwards like usual. At this point I wasn't feeling over energetic but it was time for my AM working at the gym so I head out. I still wasn't feeling anything but as soon as I started my normal workout I started to feel different. I had more energy and was able to push harder on the elliptical then I ever had.  I was pushing around 130 rpm compared to my normal of 116-118 rpm and maintain them for the whole 30 minutes. After the first few minutes I also noticed I was sweating a lot more than normal and by the end of my elliptical workout I had drenched my shirt.  Normally I would feel tired and have to push myself for the 15 minutes on the bike but not this time.  I hopped on the bike and begin the workout extending it to 25 minutes with ease. I could have kept going but work called and ask me to come in. So far I am impressed, I have burned off 560 calories this morning, compared to my normal 350. I'll report in later to see how my work out is after work .

19 comments:

  1. Nice job so far! Good luck in keeping it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, good job man! keep it going :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guy, I am trying to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome, good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't sound healthy. Be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmm, well I wish you the best of look with your endeavour.

    But I agree with Joe, sounds kinda fishy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds excellent! I don't have the money for gym membership, so I've had to work out at home. My starting weight was 212 and now I'm down to 186 (it's been a few months) and it feels great. I still have a bit more to lose, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Watch your health, and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep it up! Maybe start doing some weights to suppliment your cardio?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish you the best of luck with the weight loss, but remember that a good diet(just 500 calories under maintenance) and some good cardio/lifting will do far more to help you keep a good form once the fat is gone

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been weight training every other day to supplement the cardio. I am sure I will get over this plateau

    ReplyDelete
  12. keep working hard, you'll get there! just signed up to follow you, hit me back, not too hard tho! lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. well i think the pill worksed

    ReplyDelete
  14. omg I go to anytime fitness :3
    But I go at like 12-2am.
    And good luck with getting fit and living healthy. I know I'm excited to get more fit and healthy :D

    ReplyDelete