Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Serious Lawn Mowing


  Today I had but one goal in mind, to mow the jungle that has emerged in the yard. Now I am sure you probably are saying to yourself "It can't be that bad, it's just grass". Well you are correct, it is just grass but here in the Northwest its always wet. Meaning that to in order to cut dry grass in the winter you'd have to wait a couple days of sunny skies. Even then days are usually filled with spotty showers. I don't want it to sound like living in the northwest is nothing but rain but after living in the south I can say it does rain a bit more often.  This wouldn't be a problem but this grass that covers the yard is excessively thick and one way or another it had to be cut. 

  Normally getting to a lawn mower is a simple task of heading to the garage and removing it. But I should note I have a slight fear of spiders. I can view them from a distant and not care but being within a close range I get uncomfortable.  I headed out to the garage and the first thing I noticed was this spider in the corner. I would have just left it alone but there is a latch on the door which has to be unlocked and his web was blocking it.  This spider had defiantly had his cool face on saying "Problem?" as I eyed the lock.  After seeing him I had to go back and get the spray, as I couldn't have it climbing down on me as I opened the door.  

 Before I hear that I should not have sprayed the spider and they are vital to the ecosystem, you need to understand a few things. The yard and house has excessive spiders, I mean a lot of them. I often find them all around the house and in the summer I have to be careful even leaving the house. Now I sprayed down the door only seeing the one in the corner.  I left it alone for about 10 minutes and go back outside to open the door. There are 5 decent size spiders all hanging dead from their webs. I promptly clean them up and remove the lawn mower.

 I spent the next two hours mowing the yard. Now I wasn't joking when I said the grass is excessively every two passes it required me to stop and clear the blade.It is partly due to the fact the grass is just wet and clumps together so well.
  
I finished the backyard and finally was wrapping up the yard work when I was headed back to the garage door. Being confident I had killed the spiders I went to walk through the door way. Now as if I was in some kind of comic, as soon as I walked through the door what hit my face? A damn spider and I kind of freaked out a little. Swatting my face vigorously and just plain freaking out.  The good news is I didn't get bit, but am now even more nervous about entering that damn garage. 

On a side note, after freaking out I cooked some delicious grilled pork and yellow rice.I used Sweet Baby Rays Barbecue sauce and if you haven't had it, you need to try it. You probably will not be going back to any other kind of BBQ sauce. Although I am still a bit jumpy from that damn spider incident. 

TL:DR I hate spiders. 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like some hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was about to tell you something... but I completely forgot because of how delicious that looks!!!! OMG I want it!!

    ReplyDelete