Thursday, March 10, 2011

Weight Update

So It has been over a week since I started posting about my weight loss goal and thought I'd share a short update. I have been going to the gym regularly with cardio and weight. I have been pushing 45 minutes on the elliptical and ranging  anywhere from 3.35 miles to 3.75 miles and burning between 580 -640 calories. I have been maintaining about 1800 - 2000 calorie intake.  I have been combining cardio to included upper body work out. I have seen a  bit of change in muscle definition in my legs and arms compared to months ago. My stomach still has fat that I want to get rid of but has come down in size. I have also added crunches to my routine. Now I know I have a ways to go still but I have done down from  211 to 206ish. When I say 206ish I mean depending on the time I weighed myself it varied from 207.2 to 205.4. So I took an average of the weight to come up with 206lbs. I am hoping that over the next few weeks I can get reach 200lbs and lose some more fat while gaining muscle.  If anyone as advice as far as what to throw in my workout let me know.

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Nice work, so much dedication :)
    It's a nice feeling getting in shape n__n

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't weigh yourself at different times of the day. averaging doesn't really help. try to weigh yourself at the same time every day like right after you get up. remember, muscle is heavier than fat. so if you really want to hit 200, focus on cardio and then work your way up for muscle

    ReplyDelete
  3. it wasn't so much different times of day as the days I weighed in. I guess I kind of messed that up when posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. huge congratulations for your progress thus far. I agree with Thuganomics on the cardio considering the weight of muscles. Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude that's awesome. 200lbs will be easy for you. Just stay motivated and stick to your cardio. Keep it up man real proud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd suggest Tabata if you are in decent shape already...its highly effective and consumes almost no time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tabata would almost replace other cardio, and the great thing about it is..it has been shown to actually improve muscle growth (as opposed to the usual burning of muscle that cardio leads to) so definitely look into it. It is intense though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sir , try considering investing in P90X .
    Well rounded program that offers all areas of fitness .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I wish I had that amount of dedication to get myself in better shape. I haven't been to the gym in nearly a year.

    I hope you stay a lot more dedicated than I was, my friend. And good luck.

    Followed.

    ReplyDelete