Sunday, March 27, 2011

Up the Mountain

Since I had the weekend off (first time in a long while), I decided it would be a good idea to head up Mount Hood. It was about a 2hr drive and the drive up was pretty entertaining. I have never really been up a actual mountain (with snow) so this was something new to me.





I had planned on taking a snowboarding lesson at a place in Government camp. But I got there too late to start. It was a big disappointment, but I will be going back in a week or two to attempt it. I have a feeling I'd be the oldest person in the beginning class but growing up in the south didn't exactly present many opportunities to go snowboarding. The people there were actually really nice and even willing to show me the basics, although I couldn't get into the class. I didn't accept it vowing to return to get an actually lesson. Any advice on what to expect when I finally do get a lesson? Sorry for the short post but I will be updating in a few days with some goings on. I already know I need goggles and possible better pants.

18 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with being the oldest in the beginning class. LOL We all need to start somewhere, besides you will be good at pushing kids out of your way =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're never too old you fulfill your dreams!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing wrong with that at all. I have a an old 60 year old man in my programming classes at college. I asked him why he's taking programming he said he was always fond of it and wanted to learn it, but never had the chance. Now that he has free time, I guess he's achieving one of his goals. Point is, you're never to old to learn something new or take up an old hobby/activity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dope pics reminds me of when I went out to CO

    ReplyDelete
  5. First few days of snowboarding is really frustrating, but once you get hold of it it's fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just looking at the Mount Hood website. Holy crap! I would love to go there to catch some snowboarding. I am quite jealous of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my life goals is to go somewhere that has those kinds of mountains and snow, a lot of snow.

    Outstanding pictures, by the way.
    Really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My first lesson in snowboarding was like "ok here's a small hill, go down it"
    Then I got to the big hill and to this day I don't know how I didn't break my legs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i really like the 3rd pic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice pics :)
    it makes me wanna go boarding with my snowboard :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha. "oldest person but being from the south didn't present much opportunity"

    I feel ya! I'm used to wearing shorts on christmas :P

    Driving alongside mountain edges like that must be pretty terrifying at times.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved the pics, its good to know u fulfilled ur dreams

    ReplyDelete
  13. great pics. I miss the snow already. Then again summers coming soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh gosh! I am so jealous. I live in the very, very flat part of Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thats some pretty god damn nice views. Where is this Mount Hood?

    ReplyDelete
  16. your pictures are beautiful, i love snow/winter

    ReplyDelete