Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Subaru SVX

So some of you might have noticed I haven't posted anything in the past 9 days. Well between work and all these games that came out I haven't had time. I recently attended a Subaru SVX car meet in Northern WA. This car meet was just a basic meet to get to know the fellow SVXers and do some basic maintenance on the fellow cars. I have been a part of this club for a few years now and they have been nothing but helpful in any kind of assistance I need as far as the SVX goes.

Now most of you have probably never heard of a Subaru SVX or haven't heard about them in many years. The Subaru SVX came out in 1992 and features a unique window-in-window designed by Giugiaro, who designed many super cars. This was one of the first Subaru's (Minus the XT-6) to feature a 6 cylinder boxer engine. It features (at new) 230 HP and 228 ft*lbs of torque. It unfortunately only came with a 4 speed automatic transmission as there were no manual transmissions Subaru had to handle the torque the SVX put out.They only made 25,000 cars worldwide which for a production car is not a lot. Below is my car (former owners plate not mine)


I had put a bit of work into my SVX and added a 2003 WRX manual transmission , sporting a 3.90 gear ratio compared the stock 3.54 ratio in the auto. I have also added the stylish WRX STi BBS wheels. But feel free to show some Subaru love or general questions comments on this unique car.

14 comments:

  1. Wow, nice car! How did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome car, keep it for many years, might be worth a small fortune later if in good condition

    ReplyDelete
  3. My uncle has that same car!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool, wrx transmission ! Haven't seen many of these cruising around

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow seems like you're doing quite a bit on the car

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a pretty sexy ride. Its good that you have people around that can help with such a rare car.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting, I don't think I've heard of this model of Suburu to be honest...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wtf, that thing has a 6cyl Boxer engine?? That's freakin' sweet! I've never owned a suby myself, but I've always like them. I'm actually a Saab enthusiast myself. Dad is a big car buff too!

    http://www.bananaconda.net/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Only one picture? I am disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can we get an interior shot? I want to see the mods you did.

    ReplyDelete