Thursday, May 26, 2011

Credit Card update

So if you have been following my post I recently posted about looking into a credit card. Well I did finally settle on applying for a Discover Student card. It has a cash back reward and because of my limited credit history (only student loans) I wasn't sure I'd even get approved for that. Turns out I was approved and with a much higher credit limit then expected. I was set a $3000.00 limit on my first card. I was bit overjoyed when I was told this and to my surprise the customer service representative ask if I felt this would be enough. If anyone is curious my Credit score ranges from 655 to 680 (depending on which of the 3). I am just a bit happy about being approved for this amount and also being approved in general that I'd thought I'd share.

21 comments:

  1. Discover Student card is probably the best choice for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cash back reward cards are the best cards! Every little bit that you get back can really help you in the long run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. try not to spend more then you can pay back immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no credit history at all and still managed to get $1000 limit from Discover, it's a really great starting point

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting...Thanks for the information!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice, thanks for the info :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ive always stuck to the rule of not getting involved with credit cards,I keep my money in savings accounts and such.

    If I had a credit card I would end up spending money I didnt really have and getting into a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah it would be the best choice for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow dude, congratulations! I just got my debit card cause I don't wanna get in trouble using credit cards, the rent is too damn high you know..

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's not a bad card at all. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i don;t like credit cards.. i prefer cash or debit

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never really had an interest in credit cards to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
  13. be careful debt is easy to get into and hard to get out of

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, just don't get yourself into debt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats, great limit. I'd just be worried that not all places accept Discover. I'm still jelly.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow your credit is pretty good for just starting out! Congrats, just be careful about using that card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow, that's pretty good credit.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My bank is the only people -not- sending me a card, haha.

    ReplyDelete