Thursday, May 5, 2011

No more diet Soda

I have decided as of yesterday to start kick my excessive habit of drinking diet soda. I have come to realize that it is not only an expensive but not healthy either. I am currently on day two of "detox" I guess you could call it. I started yesterday cutting back from 2 - 3 liters of diet soda to 12 oz. I did even better today at only about 8oz. I plan to keep going eventually drop it all together. Now I am sure you are asking yourself what have you replaced it with?

Well I have switched to unsweetened tea and water. This isn't exactly the greatest tasting stuff in the world but I just tell myself it's a whole lot better then what I was putting in my body. The reason for going with the unsweetened is to avoid all the artificial sweeteners that are not good for your body. A lot of people have said how bad it is for weight loss but I kind of put that in the back of my head and kept drinking it. Ultimately it is to help me continue on my weight loss goal.

I am having sort of withdrawals whether it be from caffeine consumption dropping or the actual soda contents. I have had headaches and been pretty tired but I keep pushing through it as in the end it will help me out. I feel pretty good getting down to 195 but I need to keep pushing down to at least 175. I know this won't be easy but dropping diet soda can only help (I hope).

20 comments:

  1. Drink regular soda instead! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diet soda sucks pretty bad is has some bad stuff. Im happy for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unsweetened tea? Why? Just 1 spoon/cube of sugar won't make that much of a difference. At least it'll taste a little better...
    Good luck keeping this up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job!
    and best of luck for the rest of the weight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unsweetened tea can be very tasty, just try to find something beyond lipton.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least you weren't drinking 2-3 liters of regular/non-diet soda. I'll take chemicals over calories any day. Of course it's best to stick to water xD

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard some pretty bad things about Diet soda.

    ReplyDelete
  8. dude you used to drink A LOT of diet soda! D:
    Good thing you are leaving it :3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm addicted to caffeine I don't think I could give up my Coca Cola, I got about 2 liters a day......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you! Soon you'll be in a good shape if you're not already.

    ReplyDelete
  11. stop the diet soda! So much Aspartam in it - not the best chemical out there ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's the spirit :] keep going. There are PLENTY of good and healthy drinks out there. Just try a bunch and see for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I drank a diet pepsi pretty much every day for 16 years, only since New Years have I given it up. It would give me stomach aches and terrible diarrhea like 4 days a week. Bad stuff but it tastes so good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Once you get off soda, you'll feel a whole lot better.

    'Know this from personal experience.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thats great! diet soda is actually really bad for you it contains phenylketonurics which causes several health problems including stomach cancer and mental retardation in children. You learn all about it in biochemistry/clincal chemistry and it's not a happy thing:( so kudos for cutting them out!!! Keep up the good work:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd love to kick my Dr.Pepper addiction. It's really all I have for an addiction though. I don't drink alcohol or do drugs, but I really enjoy the boost of energy soda gives me. I'd hate to quit it but I really think it's almost time because I want to reap the health benefits.

    ReplyDelete