Saturday, June 18, 2011

Vacation over!

So some of you may have noticed that I have not posted in about half a month. Well the reason for that was I was on vacation. I went back east and visited family and friends. I really enjoyed myself, so much so that I gained over 6lbs. But for eating anything I wanted and drinking what I wanted it wasn't that bad I suppose. I did indulge in some delicious cake and ice cream which I probably haven't had in a year. I spent a lot of my time just hanging around and even went rock wall climbing.

While I did enjoy myself there was one thing I did not. And that was flying. As I have posted before I have a rather irrational fear of flying. I did alright by not freaking out and even slept for a few moments at times. What really worked out for me was on my flight home my original flight was canceled so I had to reschedule. I was fine with this as I didn't mind another day there but I did get bumped to first class. I have to say this made the return flight so much more enjoyable. I was not cramped between two people or having to deal with a screaming baby. I was even served a free dinner and had I been 21 I would have had free drinks! I feel spoiled as I do not want to fly anything but first class. Below are some pictures of the mean and how much more room I had on the A320. But I will be back to posting regularly now that I am back home.


13 comments:

  1. Wow I can't believe you got that meal on a plane! The most I've ever gotten was pretzels and fruit juice. Lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn that food looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at the space and food, compared to the peanuts at economy :|

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks delicious, off to cook something

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why do you have to make me hungry friend :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. eating is all i ever do on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol I never tend to fly internationally except when I fly off to Mexico. They do generally give you unlimited beverages though which is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe that's a plane meal. Damn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coming back from a vacation is always bitter sweet for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great, my first time on an airplane will be this summer

    ReplyDelete